Visit of Villerville - Le Lavoir

Lavoir Square

14113 VILLERVILLE

Today place of life where everyone likes to meet, the washhouse of Villerville dates from the end of the XIXth century, when the borough develops thanks to the arrival of tourists via the rise of the train.
Until the years 1830-1840, Villerville was only a small town with half-timbered houses, bordered by a stream called the Douet. Running water did not exist and it was not until 1892, when the Countess of Landal gave up a plot of land to build the market place and a washhouse that the first hygiene measures appeared.
The washhouse has a typical architecture typical of the nineteenth with a frame covered with slate resting on large cast iron feet. The roof goes around the washhouse and is open on the central part, thus allowing to collect rainwater.

See as well

Close

Contact us:
+33 (0)2 31 14 40 00
info@indeauville.fr


Our tourist information offices:

DEAUVILLE TOURISM
Residence of the Clock
Empress Eugenie wharf
14800 Deauville
See opening hours

VILLERS-SUR-MER TOURISM
Place Jean-Mermoz
14640 Villers-sur-Mer
See opening hours

BLONVILLE-SUR-MER TOURISM
32 bis avenue Michel d'Ornano
14910 Blonville-sur-Mer
See opening hours

VILLERVILLE TOURISM
40 rue du Général Leclerc
14113 Villerville
See opening hours

ANY TOURISM
20 Place Lemercier
14800 Toques
See opening hours

TOURGÉVILLE TOURISM
Louis Delamare Promenade
(behind the aid station)
14800 Tourgeville
See opening hours