Visit of Villerville - The Castle

The castle is at the origin of the village, built even before the church. The first castle belonged to Richard de Villerville in 1195. It was destroyed during the Hundred Years War and rebuilt in the 1450s with turrets and loopholes under the orders of Lord Robert de Grente. This one was destroyed in 1767 by Louis Jacques Labbey in order to rebuild a more modern castle in a Louis XIII style.
Since the death of Lord Labbey, the castle passed into the hands of the Legge, Landal and Nétumières families, related to Richard de Villerville. It has thus remained in the same family through the centuries.
Since 1946 the castle has been renamed La Ferme du Château and belongs to the De la Porte des Vaux family, who produce organic fruit and vegetables in biodynamics.

See also

Close

Contact us:
+33 (0)2 31 14 40 00
info@indeauville.fr


Our tourist information offices :

DEAUVILLE TOURISM
Résidence de l'Horloge
Quai de l'Impératrice Eugénie
14800 Deauville
See opening hours

VILLERS-SUR-MER TOURISM
Place Jean Mermoz
14640 Villers-sur-Mer
See opening hours

BLONVILLE-SUR-MER TOURISM
32 bis avenue Michel d'Ornano
14910 Blonville-sur-Mer
See opening hours

VILLERVILLE TOURISM
40 rue du Général Leclerc
14113 Villerville
See opening hours

TOUQUES TOURISM
20 Place Lemercier
14800 Touques
See opening hours

TOURGÉVILLE TOURISM
Promenade Louis Delamare
(behind the first-aid post)
14800 Tourgéville
See opening hours