French Dutch English German Spanish

Visit of Villers-sur-Mer - Le Casino Tranchant

Pl of Lieutenant Fernand Fanneau


Nine casinos have followed one another in Villers-sur-Mer since its creation. The first opened in 1856, in wood near Place Mermoz, to symbolize the new fashionable seaside resort. With the opening in 1884 of the Trouville-Cabourg railway line passing through Villers-sur-Mer and the rampant urban ascent of the city over the decades, other larger, more functional, more modern constructions or to replace those demolished by war, took place one after the other. The current casino dates from 1988. Its modern architecture, made of concrete, tile facing, aluminum and glass, is clearly stated. With its facade directly overlooking the sea as a bonus, visitors multiply the pleasures between slot machines, game tables, cinema, bar, restaurant, concerts and shows.