French Dutch English German Spanish

Visit of Villerville - Le Calvaire

Coastal Route

14113 VILLERVILLE

Le Calvaire de Villerville overlooks Villerville and gave reference to the sailors who went to sea. It was in 1885 that Father Heudier had the idea of ​​building the Calvary. Built in 1888, it offers a clear view of the coast. He has also been the subject of many painters such as Valère Lefebvre, Moutier, Daubigny, Butin or Mozin.
Broken in 1928 by a great storm, it was rebuilt in 1930 in the same place where it is still visible today, opposite the Parc des Graves.

See as well