Patrice Le Bris
JC Buthaud

In the heart of Deauville, the Deauville-La-Touques racecourse was imagined when the Deauville urban plan was created in 1860. It was designed by the architect Saint-Germain - also the architect of the Vincennes racecourse and built, like Deauville, on former marshland. It was inaugurated on August 28, 1864 by the Duke of Morny.

From the end of the 19th century to the present day, the Deauville-La Touques racecourse has undergone many changes. In 1880, construction of the scales pavilion, in 1919, the Second Empire style stands were rebuilt on the initiative of Count Jacques Le Marois (capacity: 2000 spectators). In 1921, the Société d'Encouragement bought land to the south of the racecourse and built stables designed by Charles Adda. At the end of October 1991, two additional race meetings were held. It is the birth of an autumn meeting. A sand track (with rubber fibers and oil for binding) of 2,000 meters long was inaugurated on July 6, 2003. It can be used for training and racing in any weather, even in winter, and preserves the grass track. Thus, a meeting is scheduled for the first time in December 2003 with meetings in December and January.

Stéphane Wattel

"For gallop racing, Deauville is central. The race program at Deauville-La Touques Racecourse, which is spread out over the year, offers many opportunities to run horses trained there."

Stéphane Wattel Racehorse trainer in Deauville

With a surface area of 75 hectares - including 20 tracks - and a capacity of 10,000 people, including 2,000 in the grandstand, Deauville-La Touques has three tracks: two grass tracks and one fiberglass sand track. The grass tracks are 1,600 meters long (straight track) and 2,200 meters long (round track). The fibre sand track is 2,100 meters long. In the center of the racecourse: three polo fields where the famous Lucien Barrière Deauville Polo Cup tournament is held.

On the remaining 55 hectares of the racecourse, Deauville-La Touques offers a vast village. A "welcome-information" kiosk with binoculars for hire, a store, a games village and a "play for the first time..." area are available to all. It is also possible to eat in 4 different places.

32 avenue Hocquart de Turtot
F-14800 Deauville
+33 (0)2 31 14 20 00

The places of the horse Back

Contact us :
+33 (0)2 31 14 40 00

Our tourist information offices :

Residence de l'Horloge
Quai de l'Impératrice Eugénie
14800 Deauville
See the opening hours

Place Jean Mermoz
14640 Villers-sur-Mer
See the opening hours

32 bis avenue Michel d'Ornano
14910 Blonville-sur-Mer
See the opening hours

40 rue du General Leclerc
14113 Villerville
See the opening hours

20 Place Lemercier
14800 Touques
See the opening hours

Promenade Louis Delamare
(behind the first aid station)
14800 Tourgéville
See the opening hours