The town hall

It is probably the most photographed building in Deauville after the Promenade des Planches.

HIS HISTORY
In 1861 - a year after the birth of Deauville - municipal administrative services were transferred from the historic town - Dosville, located on the Coteau - to the new town, Deauville, where they successively occupied several rented premises. The Town Hall will be finally built in 1880 on the plans of the Versailles architect Saintin, proposing a Beaux-Arts style building. The building, rectangular in plan, is located in the center of a garden at the time, an enclosure.
A first wing was added around 1900, intended to accommodate the Post and Telegraph administration, then a second in 1910 to receive the police station.

HIS PARTICULIARITY
After the Second World War, the municipality, wishing to adapt the building - then in red brick - to the regional identity of the station, entrusted its "Normanization" to the architect Albert Guy. In 1950, the central body was clad with bricks and stones on the ground floor and a false vertical wooden panel in the upper parts.

At the same time, the enclosure turns into a square. The west wing was built in 1961 in the architectural spirit of the manors of the hinterland.

town hall © dbl City of Deauville
Close

Contact us:
+33 (0)2 31 14 40 00
info@indeauville.fr


Our tourist information offices:

DEAUVILLE TOURISM
Residence of the Clock
Empress Eugenie wharf
14800 Deauville
See opening hours

VILLERS-SUR-MER TOURISM
Place Jean-Mermoz
14640 Villers-sur-Mer
See opening hours

BLONVILLE-SUR-MER TOURISM
32 bis avenue Michel d'Ornano
14910 Blonville-sur-Mer
See opening hours

VILLERVILLE TOURISM
40 rue du Général Leclerc
14113 Villerville
See opening hours

ANY TOURISM
20 Place Lemercier
14800 Toques
See opening hours

TOURGÉVILLE TOURISM
Louis Delamare Promenade
(behind the aid station)
14800 Tourgeville
See opening hours