French Dutch English German Spanish

The piers

Touques estuary


In 1846 (several years before Deauville was born), to facilitate access to its grounding port, the City of Trouville created two squares in squared oak, intended to channel the channel. The works are partially funded by a subscription from sailors and residents of Trouville.

Two lights are placed at the end of each pier to signal the entrance to the channel. Bombed during the Second World War, the west and east piers were rebuilt in 1952 and 1963 respectively.

jetties © Béatrice Augier Beatrice Augier