The piers

Beachfront
Touques estuary

14800 DEAUVILLE

In 1846 (several years before Deauville was born), to facilitate access to its grounding port, the City of Trouville created two squares in squared oak, intended to channel the channel. The works are partially funded by a subscription from sailors and residents of Trouville.

Two lights are placed at the end of each pier to signal the entrance to the channel. Bombed during the Second World War, the west and east piers were rebuilt in 1952 and 1963 respectively.

jetties © Béatrice Augier Beatrice Augier
Close

Contact us:
+33 (0)2 31 14 40 00
info@indeauville.fr


Our tourist information offices:

DEAUVILLE TOURISM
Residence of the Clock
Empress Eugenie wharf
14800 Deauville
See opening hours

VILLERS-SUR-MER TOURISM
Place Jean-Mermoz
14640 Villers-sur-Mer
See opening hours

BLONVILLE-SUR-MER TOURISM
32 bis avenue Michel d'Ornano
14910 Blonville-sur-Mer
See opening hours

VILLERVILLE TOURISM
40 rue du Général Leclerc
14113 Villerville
See opening hours

ANY TOURISM
20 Place Lemercier
14800 Toques
See opening hours

TOURGÉVILLE TOURISM
Louis Delamare Promenade
(behind the aid station)
14800 Tourgeville
See opening hours