Royal

The success of the summer season of 1912, marked by the opening of the Hôtel Normandy, prompted the Société des Hôtels et Casino de Deauville to provide the resort with a second palace. Eugène Cornuché, then head of this company, acquired the villa La Louisiane, built in 1861 for the Duke of Morny, to build his project, a hotel with 400 rooms, an absolute model of luxury and comfort.

The establishment was designed by the architects Théo Petit and Georges Wybo was inaugurated on July 28, 1913, ten months after the start of work.

Established according to a U-shaped plan, the building has seven levels of elevation. Built of reinforced concrete, it stands facing the sea with a monumental facade enlivened by the variety of facings (checkerboard and half-timbered) and openings.

Royal Hotel © sbe Sandrine Boyer-Engel
Close

Contact us:
+33 (0)2 31 14 40 00
info@indeauville.fr


Our tourist information offices:

DEAUVILLE TOURISM
Residence of the Clock
Empress Eugenie wharf
14800 Deauville
See opening hours

VILLERS-SUR-MER TOURISM
Place Jean-Mermoz
14640 Villers-sur-Mer
See opening hours

BLONVILLE-SUR-MER TOURISM
32 bis avenue Michel d'Ornano
14910 Blonville-sur-Mer
See opening hours

VILLERVILLE TOURISM
40 rue du Général Leclerc
14113 Villerville
See opening hours

ANY TOURISM
20 Place Lemercier
14800 Toques
See opening hours

TOURGÉVILLE TOURISM
Louis Delamare Promenade
(behind the aid station)
14800 Tourgeville
See opening hours