Presbyteral manor of Villers-sur-mer

Du General de Gaulle street 24

14640 VILLERS-SUR-MER

The presbytery of Villers sur mer dating from 1750 is a very fine example of Norman architecture and in particular of the Pays d'Auge. It was twice threatened with destruction at the end of the 1904th century before becoming municipal property in 1977. Renovated between 1979 and XNUMX, the presbytery regains its original form. We then rediscover the original half-timbering, and above the entrance door to the presbytery the carved crosses of Saint-André, a rare feature in the Pays d'Auge. Finally, a glazed transom with ornate small woods with a half-arch covers the door, in harmony with the crosses.
The building located to the west of the presbytery is an old sheepfold from the second half of the XNUMXth century which was located in the marshes of Villers. This building has been moved piece by piece from the swamp to its current location.

Presbytery of Villers (2) G.Wait ©
Close

Contact us:
+33 (0)2 31 14 40 00
info@indeauville.fr


Our tourist information offices:

DEAUVILLE TOURISM
Residence of the Clock
Empress Eugenie wharf
14800 Deauville
See opening hours

VILLERS-SUR-MER TOURISM
Place Jean-Mermoz
14640 Villers-sur-Mer
See opening hours

BLONVILLE-SUR-MER TOURISM
32 bis avenue Michel d'Ornano
14910 Blonville-sur-Mer
See opening hours

VILLERVILLE TOURISM
40 rue du Général Leclerc
14113 Villerville
See opening hours

ANY TOURISM
20 Place Lemercier
14800 Toques
See opening hours

TOURGÉVILLE TOURISM
Louis Delamare Promenade
(behind the aid station)
14800 Tourgeville
See opening hours