French Dutch English German Spanish
> Menu
  • > 45 Figaro Bénéteau 2 and their skipper, competition boats
  • > The Marité, the last Newfoundlander
  • > La Grandcopaise, a historic monument
  • > Phebe, the curlew of the English Channel
  • > The St Rémi, flambard from Dives sur mer
  • > François Monique, shell sloop of the harbor of Brest
  • > The Phidrak, the boat for everyone
© Sandrine Boyer Engel
X Close
45 Figaro Bénéteau 2 and their skipper, competition boats

Synthesis of a successful collaboration between the best sailors of the Figaro Bénéteau Class, Chantiers Bénéteau and the architect Marc Lombard.
As soon as it arrived in 2003, Le Figaro Bénéteau 2 had the heavy task of revitalizing a unique competition circuit a little more. This beautiful, modern and innovative boat has already won over a good number of skippers who have nothing but praise for it.

© Delphine Barré Lerouxel
X Close
Le Marité, the last Newfoundlander

Last Newfoundland sailboat of the French maritime heritage, the Marité is the witness of the "big trade", the cod fishing on the banks of Newfoundland, which during four century made support many families of the Norman coasts, Breton and Basque. The presence of the three-masted arouses admiration and emotion at every opportunity. The flagship of Normandy, where he was born, it is part of history, of our maritime history. 44,90 meters long, 8 meters wide, 650m² of sail area. www.lemarite.com

Dockside visit every day: € 3 - € 1,50 for children under 12.

© Normand Maritime Heritage
X Close
La Grandcopaise, historic monument

Built in 1949 in Cherbourg, on plans from 1934, this trawler boat, then "Deux Amis" was armed to fishing until 1988, then sold to a yachtsman. Abandoned in the port of Grandcamp, its destruction was envisaged. Several people have mobilized to save this beautiful hull, almost unique in Lower Normandy. The association of old rigs Torbouai du Bessin and the town of Grandcamp-maisy are now watching over him. The hull of the Grandcopaise has been included in the additional inventory of Historic Monuments since 1993. www.lagrandcopaise.fr

Dock visits: free access.

© CADAC of Dives sur mer
X Close
Phebe, the curlew of the English Channel

Built at the Chantier du Lude in Courseulles sur Mer in 1962, "Phebe" respects the tradition of classic constructions known as bordered with freeboard, Norman fishing boats. It is composed of several species of wood, oak, for the keel, the bow and the stern as well as for the transom, bottom and bordered are in mahogany as well as the coaming. The curlews of the English Channel have a Bourcet Malet type rigging, it can be driven by a fixed motor of 10 cv.

Dock visits: free access.

© CADAC of Dives sur mer
X Close
Le St Rémi, flambard from Dives sur mer

Built at the Arsenal of Cherbourg in 1945/46, the one which will become the property of the city of Dives sur Mer in 1990, was the first unit in a series called "Rachel" (its baptism name), in order to quickly replenish local fish markets. This series was partly funded by war damage paid by Germany.
After a decade of work in coastal fishing, the "Rachel" left the department of Manche for that of Calvados, where it became a registered boat for pleasure sailing under the name of "St Rémi". Stored for twenty years in a garage in Houlgate, the "St Rémi" bought by the city of Dives sur Mer, is immediately entrusted to the good care of CAPAC, the local Sailing School, with the mission of carrying out restoration works. Under the advice of François Renault, specialist in Norman boats, the "St Rémi" receives a rig from Flambart, with a set of new sails. On July 14, 1990, the "St Rémi" resumed contact with the sea after three months of intensive work.

Dock visits: free access.

© Association Petit Foc
X Close
François Monique, shell sloop of the harbor of Brest

Built at the Freight Shipyard in 1935, it was made for scallop fishing, harvesting maërl (limestone sand for land improvement) and red seaweed to fertilize the fields.
In 2008, the old rig was bought by Franck Brize and repatriated to Trouville-Deauville. The same year, the Petit Foc association was created and began the restoration of the boat, giving it back its character, its colors, its rigging of yesteryear. The aim of the association is educational, cultural and environmental outings in Normandy, on the Côte Fleurie and the Côte de Nacre.

Quay of the Empress Eugenie
Dock visits: free access
Sea trips: prices and reservations on site or from Michel Labouche on 02 31 65 11 80 or 06 83 21 90 97 - www.petit-foc.asso.fr

X Close
The Phidrak, the boat for all

The "Phidrak" is a boat fitted out in 2015 for people with disabilities by the Deauville Sailing Club All the maneuvers are done in the cockpit (sails, handling of ropes…). It is simple, easy to access (including for people in wheelchairs) and safe. The association offers boat tours and an exhibition on accessibility development works for the disabled on this boat

Quay of the Empress Eugenie
Dock visits: on-site registration - free.
10> 19 June: 11 am-12pm / 30 pm-14pm

My travel book