Washhouse of Villerville

Lavoir Square

14113 VILLERVILLE

The wash house of Villerville dates from the end of the XNUMXth century, when the village developed thanks to the arrival of tourists and the rise of the railway.
Until the years 1830-1840, Villerville was only a small town with half-timbered houses, bordered by a stream called the Douet. Running water then does not exist. It was not until 1892, when the Countess of Landal gave up a plot of land to build the market place and a washhouse, that the first hygiene measures appeared. The wash house has a modest architecture typical of the XNUMXth century with a frame covered with slates resting on broad cast iron feet. The roof goes around the washhouse and is open on the central part, allowing rainwater to be collected.

Washhouse of Villerville -
Close

Contact us:
+33 (0)2 31 14 40 00
info@indeauville.fr


Our tourist information offices:

DEAUVILLE TOURISM
Residence of the Clock
Empress Eugenie wharf
14800 Deauville
See opening hours

VILLERS-SUR-MER TOURISM
Place Jean-Mermoz
14640 Villers-sur-Mer
See opening hours

BLONVILLE-SUR-MER TOURISM
32 bis avenue Michel d'Ornano
14910 Blonville-sur-Mer
See opening hours

VILLERVILLE TOURISM
40 rue du Général Leclerc
14113 Villerville
See opening hours

ANY TOURISM
20 Place Lemercier
14800 Toques
See opening hours

TOURGÉVILLE TOURISM
Louis Delamare Promenade
(behind the aid station)
14800 Tourgeville
See opening hours