Deauville-Clairefontaine Racecourse

Clairefontaine Road

14800 TOURGEVILLE

Services / equipment:

  • Cash
  • Private parking lot
  • Restaurant - Table d'hôtes

Activities / Services

Namely

Prices

Further information

Due to the architects Jean Papet, author of several houses in Neuilly-sur-Seine and André Rimbert, designer of the tribunes and the Maisons-Laffitte racetrack, the Deauville-Clairefontaine racecourse is part of a Norman style mixing concrete and false half-timbered sections.

Its regional inspiration is accentuated by the profusion of flowers that adorn the facades, which has earned it the nickname "the hippodrome with 100 flowers", a name given more than fifty years ago by Léon Zitrone!

Admire the room of the lost steps located under the bleachers and its ceiling decorated with false concrete beams imitating wood.

HIS HISTORY
The success of the first racecourse, Deauville-La Touques, necessitated, from 1875, the construction of a second racecourse. It is in Pont-l'Evêque that it will be built.

Deemed too far from Deauville, it will be transferred to Clairefontaine where the City of Deauville bought land in 1924. It was inaugurated on August 8, 1928, then extended in 1936 with the creation of a steeplechase track and a track flat.

clairefontaine © Arene_evenements Event arena
Close

Contact us:
+33 (0)2 31 14 40 00
info@indeauville.fr


Our tourist information offices:

DEAUVILLE TOURISM
Residence of the Clock
Empress Eugenie wharf
14800 Deauville
See opening hours

VILLERS-SUR-MER TOURISM
Place Jean-Mermoz
14640 Villers-sur-Mer
See opening hours

BLONVILLE-SUR-MER TOURISM
32 bis avenue Michel d'Ornano
14910 Blonville-sur-Mer
See opening hours

VILLERVILLE TOURISM
40 rue du Général Leclerc
14113 Villerville
See opening hours

ANY TOURISM
20 Place Lemercier
14800 Toques
See opening hours

TOURGÉVILLE TOURISM
Louis Delamare Promenade
(behind the aid station)
14800 Tourgeville
See opening hours