French Dutch English German Spanish

Haras de Meautry

9 rue de Meautry

14800 TOUQUES

It is one of the most famous stud farms in France. The Haras de Meautry, formerly Meautrix, was created in 1875 by two brothers, Alphonse and Gustave de Rothschild, around a manor dating from the XNUMXth and XNUMXth centuries. The whole area then covered twelve hectares. Today it reaches almost a hundred hectares. It has since been passed on to the descendants of the family.
The monumental portal is listed in the Inventory of Historical Monuments. The garden was designed by Page Russel, a British gardener and landscaper.
Many remarkable horses are bred there, including some legendary champions, having won the prestigious Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe.