Halles

Place Lemercier

14800 TOUCH

Place Lemercier has always existed. Fairs and markets punctuated Touques life there from the XNUMXth century.
The current halls remind us that there were some beautiful medieval halls built in the XNUMXth century. For five centuries, they housed the weekly Saturday market which was considered considerable with poultry, vegetables and other goods and three annual fairs. These halls belonged to the Bishops of Lisieux who taxed their occupation until the Revolution. They were parallel to the main street and formed of two naves separated by eleven bays, crossing almost from edge to edge the whole place.
In 1854, considering a state of advanced dilapidation, the Prefect ordered their destruction. The municipality of the time opposed it and a fight of several decades was engaged. Nothing will do, they are destroyed in 1910. It was not until 1995 that Touques returned to its halls, then enlarged in 2018.

Close

Contact us:
+33 (0)2 31 14 40 00
info@indeauville.fr


Our tourist information offices:

DEAUVILLE TOURISM
Residence of the Clock
Empress Eugenie wharf
14800 Deauville
See opening hours

VILLERS-SUR-MER TOURISM
Place Jean-Mermoz
14640 Villers-sur-Mer
See opening hours

BLONVILLE-SUR-MER TOURISM
32 bis avenue Michel d'Ornano
14910 Blonville-sur-Mer
See opening hours

VILLERVILLE TOURISM
40 rue du Général Leclerc
14113 Villerville
See opening hours

ANY TOURISM
20 Place Lemercier
14800 Toques
See opening hours

TOURGÉVILLE TOURISM
Louis Delamare Promenade
(behind the aid station)
14800 Tourgeville
See opening hours