Forest of Saint-Gatien-des-Bois


14130 SAINT-GATIEN-DES-BOIS

Services / equipment:

  • Pet Friendly

Prices

Entitled
Free for all
Free for all

Originally, the forest was called Touques forest, the name change was made at the time of the French conquest in the early XNUMXth century, when it passed into the royal domain.
The forest of Saint-Gatien-des-Bois has known many buyers over the centuries, sometimes belonging to people of nobility: Louise de Bourbon, Mademoiselle de Montpensier; sometimes fragmented and sold to various people. It was exploited by the brioleurs who transported the logs, fagots or ferns, their working companions were the mazettes, small horses equipped with a small bell to better locate them at night.
Before 1789 we saw wolves, deer, deer, deer and wild boar but they gave way to foxes, hares and rabbits. Deer, wild boar and woodcock remain in winter.
Today, this forest is exclusively private.

Every year at the beginning of July the Trail du Bois Joli takes place, two courses to choose from for a 100% natural race!

Close

Contact us:
+33 (0)2 31 14 40 00
info@indeauville.fr


Our tourist information offices:

DEAUVILLE TOURISM
Residence of the Clock
Empress Eugenie wharf
14800 Deauville
See opening hours

VILLERS-SUR-MER TOURISM
Place Jean-Mermoz
14640 Villers-sur-Mer
See opening hours

BLONVILLE-SUR-MER TOURISM
32 bis avenue Michel d'Ornano
14910 Blonville-sur-Mer
See opening hours

VILLERVILLE TOURISM
40 rue du Général Leclerc
14113 Villerville
See opening hours

ANY TOURISM
20 Place Lemercier
14800 Toques
See opening hours

TOURGÉVILLE TOURISM
Louis Delamare Promenade
(behind the aid station)
14800 Tourgeville
See opening hours