Eglise Saint-Pierre - Copie - Copie

The building of the rural church of Vauville, dedicated to Saint-Martin, dates back to the 12th century, as shown by some fish bone-shaped rests. The nave and the choir are easily identified. The sacristy was added later on.
The nave is enlightened by some openings of different styles, with simple glasses. One of them preserves the coat of arms of the Grente family. The ceiling of the nave is made in wood and covered by a powdered distemper.
Two lateral altars with polychrome statues are situated on each side of the triumphal arch. The left altar is decorated with a Madonna and Child; the right altar with a Sacred Heart of Jesus. On each side of the central aisle, there are enclosed benches. The triumphal arch has a surprising thickness: it supports the bell tower.
The choir is narrower than the navy. The chevet is flat. The altar has a rectangular shape; the tabernacle is supported by four columns. Over it, the retable painting, dating back to the end of the 17th century - beginning of the 18th century, represents the Descent from the Cross. On each side, a polychrome stone statue represents Bishop Saint-Martin to the left and Saint-Marc to the right.
The sacristy has been added during the 19th century, based on the chevet.
The bell tower is surprising, seeming a belfry. It is a rectangular block made with stone set on a barlong base. Over it, some corbels support a series of beams, serving as a basis for the bell room, topped by a pyramidal roof. A bell was placed here in 1744 by the lords of Vauville: the family Boitard de Prémagny, replaced by another family, called Bernardine Marie, in 1821. After many decades, it was renovated in 2003.
In the cemetery, to the right of the church, several graves of the 19th century have been preserved.

The church is a place of worship, but it is also used for exhibitions, cultural events, etc.