French Dutch English German Spanish

Departure from the circuit "From Villerville to Trouville-sur-Mer, in the footsteps of famous people"


1. Departure from the Place du Lavoir car park in Villerville. Take Rue Butin and turn right onto Rue du Général de Gaulle.

2. Turn left rue du Maréchal Foch and continue until the Carrefour du Singe en Hiver, shooting location of the eponymous film by Henri Verneuil with Jean Gabin and Jean-Paul Belmondo shot during the winter of 1962. Continue on the right for follow the Rue des Bains.

3. Access the dike which borders the beach. At its end, go up the path towards the Parc des Graves, a park on the cliffs offering a beautiful view of the coastline and possessing a beautiful floristic diversity, a vestige of the pleasure garden of yesteryear.

4. Take the Chemin de Fondrières on the right and cross the Route du Littoral to continue for 1 km on Chemin des Terrois.

5. At the intersection turn right onto Chemin du Bois de Beauvais.

6. After 1,5 km take the Chemin de la Bruyère on the left. Then continue on Chemin des Cotillets.

7. Then turn left onto the Old Route de Villerville.

8. Take the path opposite and turn left on Promenade des Creuniers.

9. Continue straight on until you reach Route Départementale 513 at the Hennequeville church.

10. Take Chemin de la Renardière located on the right and join Avenue de la Mer.

11. Turn left and follow the signs for GR 223.

12. Arrived at the level of the Provincial Road 513 turn right and follow the road before taking the Corniche A. Hamburg located on the right.

13. Take the stairs to descend to the beach and continue on the Planches de Trouville-sur-Mer. Pass the old Hôtel des Roches Noires, former palace of the Second Empire of 1866, where Marguerite Duras stayed and immortalized by Claude Monet. Observe the large XNUMXth century villas by the sea.

14. At the Hôtel Flaubert turn left on Rue Gustave Flaubert and continue straight on Rue Saint-Michel.

15. Turn right onto Rue Carnot and join Place du Maréchal Foch. Cross it to reach the statue of Gustave Flaubert located near the quays.

16. Go along the quays along the Touques estuary then turn left onto Rue Notre-Dame.

17. Go around the church on the right and take Rue de l'Église.

18. Turn left Rue de Tarale and continue the ascent by the stairs. Keep going straight.

19. At the intersection take Chemin de Calleville on the left, then, further on, Chemin Vert on the left.

20. At the end of the path turn left on Chemin des Bruzettes then turn right on the Old Route de Villerville and continue on Rue Lucien Coutaud.

21. Take the Chemin des Terrois on the left then cross the Departmental Road 513 to take the Chemin des Fondrières. You will pass the German coastal battery arriving in Villerville in 1941/1942. She belonged to the 510th coastal artillery group of the German army.

22. Cross the Parc des Graves before returning to the center, Place du Lavoir.

My travel book