French Dutch English German Spanish

Departure of the circuit "The dead river of Saint-Arnoult and the Coteau"


14800 SAINT-ARNOULT

1. Departure in front of the town hall of Saint-Arnoult. Take the direction of Deauville past the deer enclosure and turn left to take the pedestrian promenade along the Dead River. The dead river is the former bed of the La Touques river and extends over 1,5 km.

2. At the level of the playground take the path to the hotel complex and join the road.

3. Continue on Avenue Michel d'Ornano to Villa Strassburger, erected in 1907 on the site of Ferme du Coteau, owned by the family of Gustave Flaubert. Designed by architect Georges Pichereau, it combines typical Augeronne architecture with a more modern style. It is surrounded by a vast green and flowered park, the whole is classified as a Historic Monument since 1975.

4. Go up on the right by the Chemin de l'Eau to the Chapelle Saint-Laurent, offering a vast panorama on the Deauville coast. Its ancient architecture dates from the 1977th century, when it was the parish church. Abandoned after the Revolution, it was restored in XNUMX.

5. Go along the Chapel on the right Rue du Moulin Saint-Laurent towards the Manoir de Bénouville located opposite the Impasse du Moulin Saint-Laurent.

6. Turn left and follow the yellow signs that meander through the housing estate in the Coteau district near the town's media library, Biblio'Tech.

7. Join Rue des Aunes and turn right.

8. Take a left on Chemin du Val Marin and follow the golf course to Château d'Eau.

9. Turn left on Rue de la Mare à Touques to Lieu-dit "Les Forges" (Ferme de Lisors)

10. Turn right and take Rue de la Chapelle to join Avenue de la Vallée.

11. Turn left to reach the town and the town hall.