French Dutch English German Spanish

Deauville-Clairefontaine Racecourse

Route de Clairefontaine


Services / equipment:

  • Cash
  • Private parking lot
  • Restaurant - Table d'hôtes

Activities / Services



Further information

Due to the architects Jean Papet, author of several houses in Neuilly-sur-Seine and André Rimbert, designer of the tribunes and the Maisons-Laffitte racetrack, the Deauville-Clairefontaine racecourse is part of a Norman style mixing concrete and false half-timbered sections.

Its regional inspiration is accentuated by the profusion of flowers that adorn the facades, which has earned it the nickname "the hippodrome with 100 flowers", a name given more than fifty years ago by Léon Zitrone!

Admire the room of the lost steps located under the bleachers and its ceiling decorated with false concrete beams imitating wood.

The success of the first racecourse, Deauville-La Touques, necessitated, from 1875, the construction of a second racecourse. It is in Pont-l'Evêque that it will be built.

Deemed too far from Deauville, it will be transferred to Clairefontaine where the City of Deauville bought land in 1924. It was inaugurated on August 8, 1928, then extended in 1936 with the creation of a steeplechase track and a track flat.

clairefontaine © Arene_evenements Event arena